The internet presents to us lots of opportunities. We are here to enable you access it affordably and at amazing speeds.
- We now have a wide range of data bundles to meet your needs.
- We have added notifications that help you to manage your bundles 24 hours and 48 hours before expiry.
- For your mobile use, we have also created for you a self- contained shortcut on *544# to enable you top- up and view your preferred bundles and buy easily.
- You can also extend the validity periods before expiry by purchasing another bundle of equal or higher validity before the expiry of you current bundle
- Most affordable with price per MB going for as low as 13 cents per MB.
- We now have the widest range of validity options for you to choose from depending on your internet usage habits.
Choose your preferred bundle from the daily bundles, weekly bundles, monthly bundles, 90 day bundles and 180 day bundle offers
|10 MB||Ksh. 9||1 day|
|25 MB||Ksh. 13||1 day|
|40 MB||Ksh. 19||1 day|
|80 MB||Ksh. 35||1 day|
|120 MB||Ksh. 45||1 day|
|20 MB||Ksh. 19||7 days|
|35 MB||Ksh. 29||7 days|
|60 MB||Ksh. 45||7 days|
|100 MB||Ksh. 69||7 days|
|250 MB||Ksh. 125||7 days|
|500 MB||Ksh. 195||7 days|
|130 MB||Ksh. 95||30 days|
|400 MB||Ksh. 250||30 days|
|750 MB||Ksh. 400||30 days|
|1,500 MB||Ksh. 600||30 days|
|2,500 MB||Ksh. 900||30 days|
|3,500 MB||Ksh. 1,200||30 days|
|8,000 MB||Ksh. 1,900||30 days|
|12,000 MB||Ksh. 2,500||30 days|
|25,000 MB||Ksh. 5,000||30 days|
90 day bundles
|1,000 MB||Ksh. 700||90 days|
|2,000 MB||Ksh. 990||90 days|
|5,000 MB||Ksh. 1,750||90 days|
|10,000 MB||Ksh. 3,000||90 days|
|20,000 MB||Ksh. 5,000||90 days|
|40,000 MB||Ksh. 7,000||90 days|
|60,000 MB||Ksh. 8,000||90 days|
180 day bundles
|45,000 MB||Ksh. 9,500||180 days|
|100,000 MB||Ksh. 15,000||180 days|
Frequently asked questions
Q: If I have data bundle which is still running, does it stop being active when the new bundles become live?
A:No,the current active data bundles will be allowed to run through their full validity period without interruption.
Q: Can I earn Ziada points by using the new data bundles?
A:Yes,you can earn one Ziada for every one shilling equivalent of data bundle using for accessing internet.
Q: In case my data bundles expire,do I lose them entirely?
A:All the internet bundles must be used within their validity periods.The validity period can be extended by buying another bundle of equal or higher value.
Q: How can I extend the validity of my data bundles?
A:You can extend the validity of your bundle by purchasing another bundle of equal or higher validity period just before the current bundle expires.
Q: Can the data bundles renew automatically when they expire?
A:The auto renewal feature will only be available to bundles with one day validity, and only to customers who activate it.
|Prepaid Offers||Price (Kshs)||Validity(days)||FUP||CAP|
|1||XCELL Daily||50||1||200 MB||200 MB|
|2||XCELL Weekly||249||7||1 GB||1 GB|
|3||XCELL Monthly||990||30||3 GB||3 GB|
- Buy XCELL (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) through USSD #123#
- Browse and receive notification the FUP usage (80%, 95% and 100%)
- To check balance (Send SMS with the word ‘Balance’ to 131). Daily XCELL is automatically renewed after 24 hours.
- Air time is deducted automatically based on the selected offer.
- Terminate – offer automatically terminates upon validity expiry for weekly/monthly or exhaustion of airtime for daily Unlimited.
- Unsubscribe using USSD via #123# for daily unlimited.
Benefits to customers
- Faster speeds on a wireless connection.
- Lower costs for data usage
Fair Usage Policy (FUP)
- The time based bundles will be subject to the FUP & CAP allocation.
- Fair Usage Policy is used to ensure quality of service to all Orange customers. It reduces speed once a user hits a certain amount of download and maintains this speed until the end of the validity period of the offer.
- Even after FUP, you can still enjoy Internet access. After reaching the FUP limit, customer will be able to continue downloading at reduced speeds of 128kbps until the cap limit is reached.
- Any bandwidth consumed beyond the cap limits will be billed at PAYG rates of KSh4/MB, unless the preferred subscription is renewed.
- The FUP limits are 200MB for the daily bundle, 1GB for the weekly bundle and 3GB for the monthly bundle.
- CAP limit after FUP is 200MB for the daily bundle, 1GB for the weekly bundle and 3GB for the monthly bundle.
This offer will give new and existing Orange Mobile pre-paid customers a variety of bundles.
The bundles on this offer will be grouped as follows:
- Data bundles
- Pay as you go
The offers will be available to Orange Mobile pre-paid customers.
A customer will subscribe to the offers by dialing #123#. This short code will open up to a USSD menu that will have various options for various bundle purchases and un-subscription to the bundle.
All subscription and un-subscription commands will have a short cut USSD string to access the specific offer.
If a customer purchases various volume bundles, these bundles will accumulate but the validity of the accumulated volume bundles will take up the validity of the last purchased volume bundle.
1. Conditions of offer subscription
- The customer must have an active Orange Mobile pre paid line.
- Customer must have sufficient airtime in their main account to subscribe for their selected bundle option.
- A customer should use the provided subscription option. Customer care can subscribe a customer who requests the option as long as they have sufficient airtime.
- Subscription will be via the USSD #123# and the shortcut USSD strings to be provided.
- If a customer purchases various IEW volume bundles, these bundles will accumulate but the validity of the accumulated IEW volume bundles will take up the validity of the last purchased IEW volume bundle.
2. Terms and conditions
- To subscribe for the offers, the customer’s line will need to be active (as per the current customer lifecycle).
- A subscriber will be able to subscribe using credit from pin based and pin less top up e.g. Orange money.
- The customer will not be charged for any failed purchases.
- Bonus Airtime cannot be used to subscribe to bundle offers.
- Rates include all applicable taxes.
- Billing for data is in 10KB stepping and rounded upwards.
- A subscriber on other offers dissimilar to these offers will be able to subscribe to this offer, unless there is a stated conflict of the offers.
- Bundle content is non-transferable.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to the Orange Mobile pre-paid terms and conditions and General Terms and conditions for Orange Data Services.
The following notifications will be sent instantly to bundle customers upon subscription or renewal:
- Notification upon successful or unsuccessful subscription via USSD.
- Error notifications – via USSD and SMS depending on the notification.
- If the customer does not have sufficient airtime at the time of subscription, they will receive a notification.
- Notification when bundle has expired and 3 days after, if the customer does not subscribe to any offer after.
A customer will be able to check their bundle balance and validity via the following methods:
- Dial *131#
- Send and sms with 131 to 131
- As an option on #123# under “My Account option”
Conditions after termination, expiry and exhaustion of bundle content
- All chargeable activity not included in the bundle or after bundle exhaustion will be as per the standard pre-paid Orange Mobile pay-as-you-go rates.
- After bundle validity expiry, the customer will resume to the standard pre-paid pay as you go rates. If the customer had any Mb left, this can be accessed by buying any other bundle within 30 days after the initial bundle validity expiry.
Q1. How do I subscribe to Xcell Internet?
A1. On your mobile phone, dial #123#,select Internet bundles->Xcell Internet offers->Xcell Daily/Xcell Weekly/Xcell Monthly->Confirm
Q2. I tried to buy the Xcell Daily on the modem and was not successful.Why is this not possible?
A2. The Xcell Daily is not available for modems.
Q3. Can I buy another Data bundle e.g. 50MB before end of validity period?
A3. Yes,you can buy another data bundle and the bundle will become ready for use after the end of the validity period of the Xcell offer, You can also choose to purchase any other Xcell offer of lower, equal or higher plan e.g. From Xcell daily to Xcell Weekly or Monthly, or from Xcell weekly to Xcell Daily or Xcell Monthly, or From Xcell Monthly to Xcell Weekly or Xcell Daily and the new Xcell subscription will take effect immediately.Also,the new validity period of the Xcell offer subscribed to will take effect immediately.
Q4. What happens when the validity period of my Xcell offer subscription expires?
A4. For the Xcell Daily offer, it will automatically resubscribe after 24Hours.For the Xcell Weekly and Xcell Monthly,you will be able to access internet at a Pay As You Go rate of KSh4 per MB after 7days and 30days respectively.
Q5. I purchased my Xcell Weekly offer on Thursday at 11am.When will this offer expire?
A5. Your offer will expire next week on Thursday at 10.59am,exactly seven days later.
Q6. What is the Fair Usage Policy Limit?
A6. This is a bandwidth restriction that is designed to ensure that there is equal good quality internet access for all internet users.
Q7. What are the Fair Usage Policy Limits of the various Xcell offers available for mobile phone users?
A7. Fair Usage Policy limits differ depending on the offer that you have subscribed to.Xcell Daily has FUP limit of 200MB,after this limit, you can consume a further 200MB at reduced speeds of 128kbps after which further browsing is charged at Ksh4 per MB.Xcell Weekly has a FUP limit of 1GB,after this limit, you can consume a further 1GB at reduced speeds of 128Kbps after which further browsing is charged at Ksh4 per MB. Xcell Monthly has a FUP limit of 3GB,afterwards you can consume a further 3GB at reduced speeds of 128Kbps after which further internet access is charged at a flat rate of Ksh4 per MB.
Q8. How do I unsubscribe to my Xcell Daily subscription in my mobile phone?
A8. On your mobile phone, dial #123#->Select 2 for Internet Bundles->Select 1 for Xcell Daily->Select 2 to Unsubscribe->Select 1 to confirm Unsubscription.